Monday, July 9, 2007

Mia Made Me Cry


Hello Mia, and everyone. This is my first blog entry ever. But after what Mia did to me this morning I feel like I need to share.

Last night I found a bunch of old cd's sitting behind a stack of books on my shelves. Most of them were crap. But among them I found the first cd Mia burned for me. It's a collection of some of her favorite French music. I was so happy to find it. I had been looking for it for some time now.


I took the cd with me this morning to play in the car on the way to yoga. I had forgotten what was on it. I forgot that the first song on the cd would reduce me to tears the moment it started to play. I couldn't believe that I was crying. It was bizarre! So i just started to laugh at myself as well. I cried and laughed all the way to yoga this morning. I'm still not sure why. Maybe I cried for friends that I missed. Maybe I cried because I was overwhelmed with gratefulness for the memories that it evoked. I felt in some way that I had a Proustian moment. Like that little madeliene soaked in tea, the music brought to the surface comforting memories.


SO, there you have it Mia. You made me cry.

: )


Thank you so much for all the lovely memories. Also, thanks for the music. They're still among my favorites.

3 comments:

Mia said...

AW Omie-O! That was very very touching. And i love this photo Arnault took of us on Daphne & Oliver's roof top. Miss you too and all those lovely moments in Hong Kong. Thank you! By the way, what was the song? Lots of love, Mia

Mia said...

PS. i think i know what the song was...Etienne Daho, Le Premier Jour? i remember you really liked this song. You know how some songs always remind you of specific places in time and space; This Etienne Daho song and Morcheeba's Big Calm will always remind me of Hong Kong. Another Proustian moment for you....

Tout peut changer... aujourd'hui est le premier jour du reste de ta vie...

Archibald said...

Love this post...
and this photo! So happy to see it again...
let's have a reunion - one of us should get married or something